I am very fond of giving out quiz questions to my friends. Ever since I was in grade school, I used to be a quizmaster. In fact, I compiled a book of quiz questions which made my geeky classmates really happy, because they were able to learn from my quiz questions which I got from different sources - dictionary, encyclopedia, books, and mostly, from my
rotten brain. (arrogant ü)
The challenge: Can you answer these questions without looking at the correct answer through the web? I challenge you! Haha...
FYI: Still browsing my inbox archives, I got this on a .txt file. These are the questions I asked to my college friends at the conference room of the Student Affairs Office. We had a mini quiz event there. Haha. With matching scoreboard pa... :P
(1) WHat do you call any document that is written by hand, as opposed to being printed or reproduced in some other way?
(2) What term are images or letters applied to publicly viewable surfaces such as walls or bridges?
(3) What do you call the superhero team who gained superpowers after being exposed to cosmic rays during an outer space science mission?
(4) What silvery and ductile member of the poor metal group of chemical elements has an atomic number of 13?
(5) "Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration." is the said in the Harper's Magazine September 1931 edition of whose American inventor?
(6) Robert del Rosario is the Filipino inventor of what machine?
(7) What educational wargame invented in the Philippines by Sofronio H. Pasola, Jr. in 1972 simulates armies at war trying to outflank and outmaneuver each other?
(8) What do you call an act or a concern for the preservation, restoration, or improvement of the natural environment, such as the conservation of natural resources, prevention of pollution, and certain land use actions?
(9) What collection of stories compiled over thousands of years by various authors concerns the king Sharyar whose newly-wed wife Queen Shahrazade tells him stories but doesn't finish it, until she begins another the next night.?
(10) Who is the dwarf character in a fairy tale of the same name that originated in Germany that tells a story about straws, gold, and spinning wheel?
(11) What song composed and sung by an Asian artist generated a hundred cover versions, was released in 56 countries and in 26 different foreign languages, and has sold 30 million copies?
(12) What Philippine-based anti-poverty movement launched in 2001 by Couples for Christ, to care for worse-off Filipinos and survivors of natural disasters, having the motto, "NO MORE SLUMS"?
(13) WHat worldwide youth movement aims of supporting young people in their physical, mental and spiritual development, so that they may play constructive roles in society?
(14) WHat process discovered by Joseph Fourier in 1829 and first investigated quantitatively by Svante Arrhenius in 1896, is the process in which the emission of infrared radiation by the atmosphere warms a planet's surface?
(15) What do you call the boundary which symbolically, ideologically, and physically divided Europe into two separate areas from the end of World War II until the end of the Cold War, roughly 1945 to 1991?
(16) What do you call an electronic device that receives a weak or low-level signal and retransmits it at a higher level or higher power, so that the signal can cover longer distances without degradation?
(17) What branch of medicine deals with the diseases and surgery of the visual pathways, including the eye, brain, and areas surrounding the eye, such as the lacrimal system and eyelids?
(18) What do you call a person of mixed black and white ancestry or the offspring of one white parent and one black parent or someone 50% black and 50% white or an adjective used to describe something as a light brown color?
(19) What do you call a technology which allows a user to interact with a computer-simulated environment, be it a real or imagined one?
(20) What is the experience (by people and objects) during free-fall, of having no apparent weight?
(21) What specialized agency of the United Nations established in 1945 aims to contribute to peace and security by promoting international collaboration through education, science, and culture in order to further universal respect for justice, the rule of law, and the human rights and fundamental freedoms proclaimed in the UN Charter?
(22) What is the name given to the Imperial Throne of Japan, the oldest continuing monarchy in the world?
(23) What term is an ideology that seeks to establish a classless, stateless social organization based on common ownership of the means of production?
(24) If completely constructed in 2008, where can you find the tallest building in the world?
(25) What do you call the term which pertains to entities, forces or powers regarded as beyond nature, in that they cannot be explained from the laws of the natural world?
(26) What mathematical subject includes the study of limits, derivatives, integrals, and power series and constitutes a major part of modern university curriculum?
(27) What term is a self-sustaining association of plants, animals, and the physical environment in which they live?
(28) What major event in 2000 in the Roman Catholic Church had a motto "Christ Yesterday, Today, Forever"?
(29) What degenerative disorder of the central nervous system that often impairs the sufferer's motor skills and speech is characterized by muscle rigidity, tremor, a slowing of physical movement (bradykinesia) and, in extreme cases, a loss of physical movement (akinesia)?
(30) WHat term is a measure of the amount of electric charge stored (or separated) for a given electric potential?
(31) WHat French term describes the experience of feeling that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously?
(32) WHat do you call a process in which critical thinking faculties of the mind are bypassed and a type of selective thinking and perception is established?
(33) WHat term consists of widespread cultural elements in any given society. Such elements are perpetuated through that society's vernacular language or an established lingua franca. It comprises the daily interactions, needs and desires and cultural 'moments' that make up the everyday lives of the mainstream?
(34) According to the 2007 Guinness Book of Records, who is the highest earning female singer of all time?
(35) What is the oldest English language newspaper in the Philippines that is still published?
(36) What do you call an introductory statement or preliminary explanation as to the purpose of the document and the principles behind its philosophy? The term is particularly applied to the opening paragraph(s) of a statute, which recite historical facts which may be pertinent to the issue being discussed.
(37) WHat Christian feast intends to celebrate the "shining forth" or revelation of God to mankind in human form, in the person of Jesus?
Thank you. You may post your answer through commenting. =)