The Philippines' leading TV stations brought pride anew in the 2012 New York Festivals International Television & Film Awards held on April 17 at the NAB Show in Las Vegas.
GMA Network bagged three (3) Silver World Medal awards for the following shows:
- I-Witness: Lapnos (Burn) - Social Issues and Current Events category
- Front Row: Yaman sa Basura (Child Urban Miners) - Social Issues category
- Front Row: Bente Dos (Twenty-Two) - Biography/Profiles category
- I-Witness: Gintong Putik
- Report Card
- Born To Be Wild, The Born Expeditions Finale: The Monster of Mae Klong and The Great White Sharkwhere
- Pluma: Si Rizal, Ang Dakilang Manunulat (Rizal, The Great Writer)
- Reel Time: Lusong
- Reel Time: Tira
I-Witness is shown in GMA Channel 7 while Front Row is a program of GMA News TV, a sister channel of GMA 7 and also under the GMA Network management.
Meanwhile, ABS-CBN bagged one (1) Bronze World Medal Award:
- Krusada: Laya (Freedom) - Social Issues/Current Events category
The network also received four Finalist Certificates:
- Rated K’s “Kwento ng Buhay Ko (This is my Life
- TV Patrol's broadcast on tropical storm "Juaning", July 26, 2011
- EDSA 25: Sulyap sa Kasaysayan (A Glimpse of History)
The New York Festival International Television and Film Awards is one of the world’s most prestigious award-giving bodies dedicated to both the television and film industries. It encourages next generation story-tellers to break new grounds by honouring the winners within each competition each year.