Astroboy owned P1 million prize and a brand new car after winning in TV5's talent show "Talentadong Pinoy" Battle of the Champions grand finals held last night, March 6, at the Quezon Memorial Circle in Quezon City.
Astroboy, Daniel Darwin in real life, bested other seven Hall of Famers:
- Ayegee (singer) of Marikina City
- Melbelline (Kundiman singer) of Guiguinto, Bulacan
- Dancing is Fun (ballroom dancing team) of Catarman, Northern Samar
- Craig and Samantha (dancing duo) of New Jersey, USA
- Sustantivo (pole dancer) of Holy Spirit, Quezon City
- Monica (sand artist) of Hagonoy, Bulacan
- Rhyzza (soul singer) of San Mateo, Rizal
With his breath-taking stunts of the fiery hula hoop, the Fil-Am Astroboy impressed the judges and was declared the 3rd Ultimate Talentadong Pinoy Grand Champion, after Joshua the Yoyo Tricker and Joseph, the Sand Artist. He also received P10,000 from Champion detergent powder, and will represent the Philippines in the World Championship of Performing Arts (WCOPA) in Hollywood, California on July 6 to 15.
Watch his amazing performance below: