Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day quotes, SMS, jokes, greetings

Here are some of the best Mother's Day quotes you can use to express your love and appreciation to all the moms out there. Happy Mother's Day!




M-O-T-H-E-R
"M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she’s growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she’ll always be,
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me.


You've seen me laugh
You've seen me cry
And always you were there with me
I may not have always said it
But thanks and I love you
Happy Mother's Day!


I take this opportunity
To thank you for
Your immeasurable
Contribution to my life
Thank you mom!
And wish you a
Very happy mother's day!


Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
-George Cooper


You may have tangible wealth untold;
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be -
I had a mother who read to me.
- Strickland Gillilan


Mum,
You may be treated like the maid,
you may be treated like the gardner,
you may be treated like the daycare,
you may be treated like the chauffer,
you may be treated like many things.
But one thing is for sure,
You will always be loved.
For a fathers work may be from sun up till sundown,
but a mothers work is never down.
And all that I have, am, and hope to be, I owe to you,
So this is for all the times I forgot to say THANK YOU!!
- Alison Thompson



A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
-Washington Irving


Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My Mother.
Happy Mother's Day!



Does heaven have an address mom?
Is there any way I can be in contact with you?
There are so many stories I want to share with you
But is that possible mom?


Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins, but only one mother in the whole world.
-Kate Douglas Wiggin



When you were small and just a touch away, I covered you with blankets against the cold night air. But now that you are tall and out of reach, I fold my hands and cover you with prayer.
-Dona Maddux Cooper


Ten principles of Motherhood...

1. To be in your children's memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.
2. The smartest advice on raising children is to enjoy them while they are still on your side.
3. Raising a teenager is like nailing Jell-O a tree.
4. Life's golden age is when the kids are too old to need baby-sitters and too young to borrow the family car.
5. There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, hire someone to do it, or forbid your children to do it.
6. Cleaning your house while your kids are at home is like trying to shovel the driveway during a snowstorm.
7. Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch.
8. Adolescence is the age at which children stop asking questions because they know all the answers.
9. An alarm clock is a device for awakening people who don't have small children.
10. Kids really brighten a household; they never turn off any lights.


Sad mother

A family was having dinner on Mother's Day. For some reason the mother was unusually quiet. Finally the husband asked what was wrong.
"Nothing," said the woman.
Not buying it, he asked again: "Seriously, what's wrong?"
"Well, I'll tell you. I have cooked and cleaned and fed the kids for 15 years and on Mother's Day, you don't even tell me so much as 'Thank you’."
"Why should I? Not once in 15 years have I gotten a Father's Day gift."
"Yes," she said... "But I'm their real mother."


Photo album

The child was a typical four-year-old girl -- cute, inquisitive, bright as a new penny. When she expressed difficulty in grasping the concept of marriage, her father decided to pull out his wedding photo album, thinking visual images would help. One page after another, he pointed out the bride arriving at the church, the entrance, the wedding ceremony, the recessional, the reception, etc.
"Now do you understand?" he asked.
"I think so," she said, "is that when mommy came to work for us?"









Facebook Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus