Five Philippine schools are included in this year's Top 300 Asian universities by a company specializing in education and overseas studies.
In the Asian University Rankings by Quacquarelli Symonds, still the top school from the country is the University of the Philippines (Diliman), which ranked 68th in Asia.
- #68 - University of the Philippines (Diliman)
- #86 - Ateneo de Manila University
- #142 - De La Salle University
- #148 - University of Santo Tomas
- #251-300 - University of Southeastern Philippines
The University of Southeastern Philippines, which is based in Davao City is a first-timer in the list. However, all four other universities slipped from their last year's notches.
In 2011, UP ranked 62nd, Ateneo at 65th, UST at 104th, and La Salle at 107th.
For the second consecutive year, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology topped the list.