Broadcast and big screen governing body Movie Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) has released a new classification for movies being shown in theaters all over the country.
Based on the new classification, like before any TV program starts, MTRCB will show guideline and verbal advisory before the movie rolls.
The classification include:
- Rated G for General Audience
- Rated PG which seeks parental guidance for accompanying children
- Rated 13 which only those who are 13 years old and above can watch
- Rated 16 which only those who are 16 years old and above can watch
- Rated 18 which only those who are 18 years old and above can watch
- Rated X in which movies are not suitable for public exhibition
The board considered the theme, language, violence, nudity, sexual content, horror, and illegal drugs in the classification.
Aside from the advisory on films, MTRCB will also post the new classification ratings inside cinema houses.