Sisters Alessandra and Assunta de Rossi share the screen for indie film "Baybayin," one of the finalists for this year's Cinema One Originals Digital Film Festival.
"Baybayin" is about two sisters who fell in love with a deaf-mute man. The scenes of the film were shot in the beautiful island of Palawan.
Directed by Auraeus Solito, "Baybayin" will compete along with the other two entries in the P2 million production budget and 10 other finalists in the P1 million production budget for this year's film festival.
Solito said the film is a sequel to his award-winning masterpiece "Busong," which won in the Belgium and Kazakhstan festivals last year.
P2 million production budget
- "Mariposa sa Hawla ng Gabi" by Richard Somes
- "Lourdes" by Adolfo Alix, Jr.
- "Baybayin" by Auraeus Solito
P1 million production budget
- "Ang Paglalakbay ng mga Bituin sa Gabing Madilim" by Arnel Mardoquio
- "Catnip" by Kevin Dayrit
- "Melodrama Negra" by Ma. Isabel Legarda
- "Slumber Party" by Emmanuel dela Cruz
- "Pascalina" by Pam Miras
- "Anak Araw" by Gym Lumbera
- "Mekaniko ni Monica" by Cesar Hernando
- "Aberya" by Christian Linaban
- "Palitan" by Ato Bautista
- "Mamay Umeng" by Dwein Baltazar