Kapamilya hunk singer Markki Stroem will star in upcoming independent film "Slumber Party," which tells the story of the four gays whose video became viral in 2010 when Miss Universe 4th-runner up Venus Raj was announced in the Top 15 of the prestigious beauty pageant.
The film is among the entries in Cinema One Originals Digital Film Festival 2012, kicking off this month. It is directed by Emmanuel dela Cruz, and tells a riotous comedy about fraternity initiations and homosexuality.
This year's finalists for the Cinema One Originals Digital Film Festival are:
P2 million production budget
- "Mariposa sa Hawla ng Gabi" by Richard Somes
- "Lourdes" by Adolfo Alix, Jr.
- "Baybayin" by Auraeus Solito
P1 million production budget
- "Ang Paglalakbay ng mga Bituin sa Gabing Madilim" by Arnel Mardoquio
- "Catnip" by Kevin Dayrit
- "Melodrama Negra" by Ma. Isabel Legarda
- "Slumber Party" by Emmanuel dela Cruz
- "Pascalina" by Pam Miras
- "Anak Araw" by Gym Lumbera
- "Mekaniko ni Monica" by Cesar Hernando
- "Aberya" by Christian Linaban
- "Palitan" by Ato Bautista
- "Mamay Umeng" by Dwein Baltazar