The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) released a list of top ten hot jobs in Metro Manila, with, as expected, call center agents on top.
The list was based on data in 2011 by the Bureau of Labor and Employment Statistics (BLES). It classified more than two-fifths of the total job vacancies per quarter as "high-end jobs" or those comprised mainly of professionals and corporate executives and managers.
The data is based on a total of 75,000 job openings in various types of occupations at the end of each quarter of the year.
Top 10 hot jobs in Metro Manila
- Call center agents - 18,026 average vacancies per quarter
- Sales representatives - 6,913
- Computer professionals - 5,779
- Clerks - 5,533
- Shop salespersons - 3,528
- Protective services workers - 2,565
- Engineers - 2,140
- Cashiers and ticket clerks - 1,951
- Accountants and auditors - 1,292
- Debt collectors - 1,111