The Philippines bagged four trophies in the recently concluded ASEAN International Film Festival and Awards (AIFFA) in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia from March 28-30, 2013.
Indie film "Sta. Niña" received the Best Picture (Drama) award, with stars Alessandra de Rossi and Anita Linda winning Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress, respectively.
Bugoy Cariño won Best Supporting Actor for his role in "Alagwa."
Check out the full list of winners below.
- BEST SCREENPLAY: "Bunohan" - Malaysia
- BEST FILM EDITING: "Sang Martir" - Indonesia
- BEST DIRECTORAL PHOTOGRAPHY: "Rayya" - Indonesia
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Bugoy Carino, "Alagwa" - Philippines
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Anita Linda, "Sta Nina" - Philippines
- BEST ACTOR: Shaheizy Sam, "Songlap" - Malaysia
- BEST ACTRESS: Alessandra de Rossi, "Sta Nina" - Philippines
- BEST PICTURE - COMEDY: "Istanbul Aku Datang" - Malaysia
- BEST PICTURE - DRAMA: "Sta Nina" - Philippines
- BEST PICTURE - ACTION: "Songlap" - Malaysia
- SPECIAL HONOUR AWARD: "Hanyut" - Malaysia
- SPECIAL JURY AWARD: "Kayan Beauties" - Myanmar, "Rectoverso" - Indonesia, "Ada Apa Dengan Rina" - Brunei, "Taxi! Taxi!" - Singapore
- BEST DIRECTOR: Riri Riza, "Atambua 39 Degrees Celsius" - Indonesia
- AIFFA LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD and ASEAN SPIRIT AWARD: Michelle Yeoh
- INAUGURAL ASEAN SPIRIT AWARD: "Cinta Tapi Beda" - Indonesia