Senator Joker Arroyo, who is on his last term in office, is still the thriftiest legislator for 20 years, when it comes to spending taxpayer's money.
The Commission on Audit (COA) released the list of the spending of the senators in the 15th Congress. The statistics showed Arroyo spent a total of P31.687 million in 2011.
- Joker Arroyo - P31.687 million
- Franklin Drilon - P34.9 million
- Panfilo Lacson - P37.115 million
- Sergio Osmeña - P37.680 million
- Manuel Villar Jr. - P40.312 million
- Miriam Defensor-Santiago - P41.036 million
- Teofisto Guingona III - P41.502 million
- Edgardo Angara - P41.789 million
- Pia Cayetano - P42.122 million
- Ralph Recto - P42.390 million
- Manuel Lapid - P43.565 million
- Loren Legarda - P44.107 million
- Francis Pangilinan - P46.889 million
- Gregorio Honasan II - P47.185 million
- Francis Escudero - P48.729 million
- Ferdinand Marcos Jr. - P49.219 million
- Ramon 'Bong' Revilla Jr. - P49.832 million
- Antonio Trillanes IV - P54.977 million
- Alan Peter Cayetano - P55.039 million
- Vicente Sotto III - P56.259 million
- Jinggoy Estrada - P62.122 million
- Juan Ponce Enrile - P118.3 million
The list showed Enrile, Estrada, Alan Cayetano and Sotto with among the highest allocations compared to other senators because statistics reflected they had more spendings as officers of the Senate.
Senators Juan Miguel Zubiri and Aquilino Pimentel shared the Senate seat in 2011, thus no data was provided.