Thursday, March 21, 2013

Kris Aquino quits showbiz


Kris Aquino on Thursday has said she is resigning from show business after another controversy involving her and former husband, basketball player James Yap.

"I'm tendering my resignation. Sa puso ng isang nanay, ito ang dinidikta sakin," the Queen of All Media said during a live interview on ABS-CBN's "TV Patrol." She was with sisters Ballsy, Pinky, and Viel.

"Contrary sa sinabi ni James na Dec 3 incident, in my mind and my heart, it's not the incident but the effects of it. I felt violated as a woman," she added.

Kris earlier filed a temporary protection order (TPO) against James after the latter allegedly made "overt sexual advances" which she resisted. The host-actress said her former husband acted "as if he was still entitled to his matrimonial rights" in full view of their son.

The TPO will be good for 30 days from its issuance, but Kris wants the protection order to be made permanent. She asked the court to order James to keep a distance of at least 100 meters from her, their son Bimby, and any household member.

Asked if Kris was using the influence of her brother, who is President Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III, she said:

"Never nakialam si Noy. Never kong ginamit ang kapatid ko. Hiyang hiya na ako sa pamilya ko. Nagsumbong lang ako sa mga kapatid kong babae, hindi kay Noy."

"I have to make a sacrifice. My family doesn't deserve this suffering. I don't want to be selfish," she said.

"I have to do what's best for my son and that means sacrificing this career. I'm giving up my shows. Hindi ko sinasabi yan just so that I can say na I'm the one making the bigger sacrifice."



[Photo: DZMM]







Facebook Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus