Showbiz personality Kris Aquino, PLDT chairman Manuel V. Pangilinan, and GMA Network CEO and chairman Felipe Gozon are among the top taxpayers in 2011, according to the list of top individual taxpayers in 2011 released by the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
The list includes familiar names from businesses and entertainment industry, as well as not-so-familiar names.
Surprisingly, the Philippines' richest man (according to Forbes magazine), mall tycoon Henry Sy, was not even in the top 10. Sy ranked 15th on the BIR list with P16.58 million income tax.
Aquino paid nearly P50 million in income taxes according to the list, with Pangilinan in the fourth with almost P26 million. Gozon ranked 10th with P19.59 million.
Here are the top 20 taxpayers of 2011. For the full list, you may view the PDF file posted in ABS-CBN News.
- Kris Aquino (celebrity) - P49,871,657.37
- Gregory Reichow (Sunpower Philippines) - 38,196,685.00
- Lauro Baja Jr. - P34,257,368.88
- Manuel V. Pangilinan (PLDT, Metro Pacific) - P25,992,131.86
- Aurelio Montinola III (BPI) - P24,472,645.10
- Gerardo Ablaza (Manila Water)- P22,645,262.00
- Philippe Lhuillier (Cebuana Lhuillier) - 21,645,000.00
- Victor Angeles - P21,202,815.34
- Roberto Panlilio P19,613,943.97
- Felipe Gozon (GMA Network) - P19,587,983.60
- Vincent Nguyen - P18,593,063.34
- Jean Henri Lhuillier - P18,439,656.00
- Jospeh Mitchell Gault - P17,987,312.29
- Estelito Mendoza - (lawyer) P 17,637,964.00
- Henry Sy, Sr. - (SM group) P16,582,952.00
- Orland Vea - (Smart Communications)- P16,248,921.88
- Agnieszka Romanczuk P16,062,048.76
- Anthonie Jansen P14,851,304.45
- Marvic "Vic" Sotto (TV host, actor) - P14,728,940.14
- Ray Espinosa (Mediaquest) - P14,483,402.44