Five universities in the Philippines are among the schools included in this year's Asia's top 300 educational institutions, according to education network Quacquarelli Symmonds.
The said universities are:
- University of the Philippines - Diliman (67th)
- Ateneo de Manila University (109th)
- University of Santo Tomas (150th)
- De La Salle University (151st-160th)
- University of Southeastern Philippines - Davao City (251st-300th)
The QS University Rankings: Asia 2013 listed schools and universities based on nine indicators: academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty/student, citations per paper, international faculty, international students, papers per faculty, inbound exchange, and outbound exchange.
In the list, only UP Diliman improved its ranking compared to last year's. In 2012, ADMU was ranked 88th while DLSU was at 142nd.
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology topped the list, with National University of Singapore, University of Hong Kong, Seoul National University of South Korea, and Peking University of China in the Top 5.