Monday, June 10, 2013

Bikinis banned at Miss World 2013 pageant


Considered as one of the most exciting parts in a beauty pageant, the bikinis segment, will be banned at the Miss World 2013 event this September 28.

The contest organizers have decided that instead of the finalists wearing bikinis, they will wear sarongs instead. The 137 beauty queens will get to show off their sexiness by wearing such conservative outfits.

Miss World Organization Chairwoman Julia Morley told the press she did not want to "upset or get anyone in a situation where we are being disrespectful."

This is because the pageant will be held in Bali in Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim nation. Nearly 90 percent of the country's 240 million people are Muslims.

A statement from Adjie S Soeratmadjie of the RCTI (Rajawali Citra Televisi Indonesia), official broadcaster and organizer of Miss World 2013 in Indonesia says:

"There will no bikini in this year's Miss World pageant to respect our traditional customs and values. This is a sensitive issue in Indonesia. We have discussed it since last year and they have agreed."

[Photo: examiner.com]







Facebook Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus