Nora Aunor and Jericho Rosales won top acting awards at the 36th Gawad Urian which took place at the NBC Tent in Bonifacio Global City in Taguig City last night. The event was hosted by Butch Francisco, Richard Gomez, Iza Calzado, Xian Lim, and Cherie Gil.
The winners as they were announced:
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Alessandra de Rossi, "Sta Nina"
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Art Acuna, "Posas"
- BEST DOCUMENTARY: "Harana" by Benito Bautista
- BEST SHORT FILM: "Ritmo" by Remton Siega Zuasola
- BEST SOUND: Willy Fernandez, Bong Sungcang, Ferdinand Marcos Sabarongis, "Florentina Hubaldo"
- BEST MUSIC: Diwa de Leon, "Baybayin"
- BEST EDITING: Aleks Castaneda, "Kalayaan"
- BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN: Brillante Mendoza, "Thy Womb"
- SPECIAL AWARD FOR FILM - NATATANGING GAWAD URIAN: Mila del Sol
- BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: Whammy Alcazaren, "Colossal"
- BEST SCREENPLAY: Mes de Guzman, "Diablo"
- BEST DIRECTOR: Adolfo Alix Jr, "Mater Dolorosa"
- BEST ACTOR: Jericho Rosales, "Alagwa"
- BEST ACTRESS: Nora Aunor, "Thy Womb"
- BEST FILM: "Ang Paglalakbay ng mga Bituin sa Gabing Madilim" by Arnel Mardoquio