Thursday, June 12, 2014

Deniece Cornejo writes letter to PNoy


Deniece Cornejo, a former actress who rose to fame after involving in the mauling incident of comedian-host Vhong Navarro, has written a letter to President Benigno Aquino III.

Journalist Tony Calvento posted a screenshot of the letter on his Facebook Page, as Cornejo explained her 23rd birthday celebration held in detention last June 1. Calvento however did not provide details on how he obtained a shot of the note.


"By way of this humble representation, I wish to present my side regarding the simple celebration of my 23rd birthday last June 1, 2014 around 2-5pm held in the CIDG where I am currently detained up to this point," she wrote.

"I feel I'm entitled to marking these important youthful dates of my life with my family, friends, and relatives who came all the way from America and provinces especially that I'm experiencing difficult times," it added.

"With all due respect I didn't asked (sic) for any special treatment or privilege. [A]ll that I wanted was to hold a Sunday worship and thanksgiving since its [sic] Sunday and its (sic) family day," it said.

Cornejo said she invited a pastor of a Christian ministry where she belongs "to spread the Word of God and spiritual enrichment of our lives."

She also said she was aware of her limitations and in fact did not leave the premises of the CIDG.

According to her, she had no control over her guests and other well-wishers who brought her birthday balloons and drinks to her detention cell at the Anti-Transnational Crime Unit (ATCU) of the PNP-Criminal Investigation and Detection Group at Camp Crame in Quezon City. She celebrated her birthday with around 20 guests, including family members and relatives.

A poster on her birthday celebration wrote "We love you Deniece."







Facebook Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus