Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Teen takes selfie everyday for 7 years


"I was taking selfies before it was mainstream."

Hugo Cornellier, now 19, has been taking selfies since he was 12. Almost everyday for the last seven years, he said he only missed about 50 pictures out of the 2,500 he should have.

Since 12, he sat in front of his computer to take a selfie, captured experimental facial hair and all.

"It all started because my dad bought a time-lapse camera. I'd seen similar videos but I realized no one had done it to document their teenage years. And I thought, 'I want to create one'," he said in an interview with MailOnline.

"I knew I was going to change a lot physically in the next few years," he added.

On his YouTube account, Cornellier uploaded a video of his selfie compilations. That's a minute and 34 seconds of transformation from 12 to 19!

While seven years is a long time to commit to a project, he said he isn't planning on stopping anytime soon.

"I'm absolutely going to keep going. I'm never going to stop. I'm going to keep doing it forever," he said. "I'm going to do it until I get old. The video will be me from 12 until literally wrinkles on my face. Thinking about that is what makes me keep going."

"My entire life in three minutes. That's what inspires me to keep doing it," he added.








Facebook Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus