Wednesday, March 4, 2015

MMDA offers summer jobs for students and out-of-school youth

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) is looking for students and out-of-school youth who are willing to gain experience from working in the government.

MMDA chair Francis Tolentino said 450 slots are available under the Special Program for Education of Students (SPES) which intends to provide financial assistance to less fortunate but deserving students.

SPES is open to applicants aged 17-25. Those admitted to the program shall be paid P466 daily.

The MMDA will shoulder 60 percent of the students' salary, while the remaining 40 percent will be paid out by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

The deadline for submission of requirements will be on April 10. The month-long summer job placement will begin on April 13.

Tolentino said the assignments include flood control, traffic engineering center, road emergency group, Metro Manila film festival, and other departments.

Positions include accounting clerks, administrative aide, computer operators, communication equipment operator assistants, accounting clerks, and records clerk, planning assistant, legal assistant, etc.








Facebook Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus